Total Pageviews

Monday, May 1, 2017

My Favorite Room in My House

My favorite place to hang out is my front covered porch.  Now that the weather is getting warmer, there's no place to relax after a long day at work, than my porch.  I mediate, I read, I write, I talk to my kids and my husband.   I listen to the sounds of chiming wind bells, train whistles, kids screaming from the soccer fields, birds chirping, frogs croaking, cars braking and racing, our flag flapping...And every once in a while, there is silence.    Sometimes cars drive by, and wave.  I wave back, not a clue about half the time who is driving by.

I gather my thoughts on this porch.  If I have had a bad day, I can recap my day.  But for some reason, when I'm on this porch, I can tell myself, "Tomorrow is another day."  Maybe because with the weather warmer, I
know there is an end arriving soon, with our school year.  Summer is hinting that it can't wait to see me again.  I know that if I have bad days at work with my students, or if I'm feeling overwhelmed with all of the items on my to do list for school, I know that, sitting on this porch in the warmth of the Spring sun, that the end is near.  I can do this, I tell myself.  You always do.


No comments:

Post a Comment