Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 29, 2011

My First Post


My first post....I guess I should start out by telling more about who I am. What defines me.

My name is Stacey and I am 41. I am a wife, mother, teacher. This year is my 17th year of teaching and I'm currently teaching Kindergarten. Currently, I am very fulfilled being a teacher and educator, but at the same time, I feel like there's something more out there for me to do. What that is; I don't know. Being a writer? Opening my own pre-school? Teaching at a community college? These are ideas and aspirations I toy around with.

Last year, I was an expat's wife. I spent a year living in Germany, and in that year, I traveled to 15 countries and learned so much about life. I really should had started my blog last year, huh??? I have been back in the United States for almost 6 months, and I'm finding that I'm still adapting back to my "old life" here. My year in Germany was similar to an "Eat, Pray, Love" year. I took time for myself, I grew confident. Part of my adjustments back to the United States is the balance of being a mom and having a full-time job, and on top of that, finding time for my husband. But I guess that is half of America and the world. But I had the luxury of just being a full-time mom while in Europe, and it felt great to be on top of the kids' activities, the housekeeping, and just feeling relaxed. Now, I am driving around town, with my head cut off, barely able to think. I am still adjusting to my transition back here. I fell in love with Europe- the architecture. Walking and not having to rely on a car. City life. Cobblestone streets. The fashion. The excitement of traveling. Learning about cultures. I don't know when I will be "back to my ole self," in terms of me just not missing my old life. It's kind of like going through a break-up- that's what I'm going through. I really did fall in love with Europe, and now we are broken up.

I named my blog, "Forty and Fabulous" because that's what I feel, right now in this stage of my life. I feel the best that I've ever felt. I think my year in Europe changed me to feel this way, along with just being wiser, that comes along with getting older.

I have a husband, Tim, and we have been married for 16 years. I am madly in love with him, and he's the best thing that happened to me. I truly feel lucky to have the relationship I have.

I have a son who is 9 years old, Riley. Riley is an old soul, and when I hang out with him, sometimes I think he's the "older" one. I wonder where life will take him. My daughter Maggie is 7 and she's full of energy and very witty and chatty. I feel lucky to have my kids, too. They are good to me. I cherish my relationships with both my kids and hope that my closeness with them continues on until the teenage years and adulthood.

What else to describe me: I am bubbly, friendly, positive person. I surround myself with people like me. All of my best friends inspire me, and there's something in them that I aspire to be more of.

I have a Boston Terrier dog named Toga. Toga is like my child. I love that dog to death. I will probably put a million pictures of him on this blog.

Well, this is my first post. I plan of writing about daily life events; A-ha moments, my life as a mother, teacher and wife. As I write, I have no idea who my audience is. I guess right now it's just ME!

So long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment