Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Gluten-Free Pasta



Today, I searched frantically in my bare cabinets for something to eat, after coming home late after my daughter's Zumba class (yes, my 7-year old daughter has a Zumba class, yet I don't). While my hands were groping in the cabinet, my hand felt a pasta package. I pulled it out, because pasta was what I was looking for.

I was pleasantly surprised to find it was an pasta from Italy that we bought when we visited last year when we lived in Europe. I have Celiac Disease, so I need to be on a Gluten-free diet. While traveling around Northern Italy and Tuscany, we bought lots of gluten free pasta to bring home with us to Germany. I knew Italy would have the best gluten-free pasta in the world...When we moved back to the States, we shipped what we didn't eat back with us to the States. Seeing the pasta package today, brought back so many memories. I thought we had eaten it all! Part of me wanted to save the pasta. But I knew it was silly to save it; I looked at the expiration and I only had a couple months to eat it.

While I was boiling the water, my daughter was going for a bike ride. I yelled down the driveway, "Don't be too long. I'm making the pasta we got in Italy." My son started laughing. "You just yelled that because you just want all the neighbors to know that we went to Italy." It was pretty funny.

I'm laughing because I'm finally eating pasta that I like!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just love your son's comment. Too funny. I could see it all play out! Enjoy the last of your authentic yummy pasta.

    ReplyDelete